|What: The Trailblaze Challenge is a one-day endurance event that gives participants the opportunity to hike a 26.6 mile journey along the terrain of the Catoctin Trail. Participants will enjoy the picturesque mountains of northern Maryland, challenging themselves physically while raising much needed funds to grant the wishes of children in the Mid-Atlantic region. |
Included in the hike experience:
Where: Catoctin Trail, MD
- Specialized training program including a workout calendar and group hikes
- Support and coaching from Hike Leaders
- Hotel accommodations on hike weekend
- Trailblaze Challenge t-shirt for hike weekend
- Transportation to and from the trail on hike day
- Friday welcome dinner
- Trail support at multiple locations throughout your journey, including hydration, snacks, first aid and encouragement
- Saturday evening post-hike celebration
- Sunday post-hike celebration breakfast
When: September 15, 2018
Who: Whether you are a hike enthusiast or a Make-A-Wish supporter this hike is open to participants of all levels. Its not a race
its a journey, and all hikers must be 18 years of age or older.
Why: To raise awareness and funds so that Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic can continue to serve local children. For every wish granted there is at least one local wish kids waiting to receive a wish. It is estimated that 840 kids in the Mid-Atlantic region will be diagnosed with a critical illness next year alone. We rely on community members like you to help us grant these wishes.
|Registration and Pasta Dinner||9/14/2018 |
|Hike Day||9/15/2018 |
|Post-Hike Breakfast||9/16/2018 |
|Alumni Registration: No Fees|
Returning hiker's registration fee is waived until Feb 28!